Coming Soon: GET:IT Endpoint Management 1-Day Conference on September 28th at 9:30 AM ET Coming Soon: GET:IT Endpoint Management 1-Day Conference on September 28th at 9:30 AM ET

Windows 7 Password now needed following Windows update

Home Forums Security Forgot Administrator Password Windows 7 Password now needed following Windows update

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
  • robthegog

Hi, I’m new to the forum and have a question which is probably very easy for most of you guys to answer and please forgive me if an answer is already posted within the forums which I have searched.
    I have a four week old PC running Windows 7, mainly used by my kids. I installed a free 4 week trial of AVG Internet Security, at expiry I un-installed it and decided to rely on Microsoft Security Essentials which I downloaded
    It ran it a system check and the scan which was fine. I noticed there was a service pack update which I updated and my PC then automatically restarted.
    Then the problem. Windows now needs a password but I’ve never set a password!!
    Having tried F8 on start up and looked and restarted with different options within the menu, I get nowhere. I do not have a system restore point
    Do I have to reload Windows 7 from the DVD the retailer gave me or is there another solution?
    Any help would be appreciated
    :grin:

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Live on Tuesday, September 28th, at 9:30 AM ET!

GET-IT: EndPoint Management 1-Day Virtual Conference

The management of endpoints is complicated and the risks associated with having unsecured devices roaming outside the firewall are quickly becoming a targeted vector for malicious users. In this Petri one-day virtual conference, we will be diving deep into how you can improve the way you manage your endpoints and learn from industry experts and MVPs about best practices, available tools to streamline your operations, and what's coming soon with Windows 11.

RSVP Now!

Sponsored By

Live Webinar: Active Directory Security: What Needs Immediate Priority!Live on Tuesday, October 12th at 1 PM ET

Attacks on Active Directory are at an all-time high. Companies that are not taking heed are being punished, both monetarily and with loss of production.

In this webinar, you will learn:

• How to prioritize vulnerability management
  • What attackers are leveraging to breach organizations
  • Where Active Directory security needs immediate attention
  • Overall strategy to secure your environment and keep it secured

Sponsored by: