New HDD – Cant Log On

Home Forums Security Forgot Administrator Password New HDD – Cant Log On

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
  • beteljuice

Edit #2: SORTED !

Problem was my copy software wasn’t making a ‘true’ clone.
    Different copy prog. No Problem apart from Windows asking me to re-activate because of major hardware changes – Whose machine is it anyway :shock:

Not quite sure if this is the correct forum, but here it is:

I was / am running a striped RAID configuration, I cloned (I think !) the two striped RAID disks to a new, larger HDD. I then re-configured the RAID to ‘mirror’ style, installed the new HDD, used the RAID setup to copy that to yet another (New) HDD.

The boot-up recognises the ‘mirror’ config, and the Windows OS boot appears, followed by the XP boot. (There are no other HDD for it to get confused with.)

This is then followed by the ‘Classic’ Log On screen for my user (admin) a/c. It fails on password (There isn’t one !) – it quickly flashes through loading / saving personal settings before failing. It doesn’t matter what log on options I try, it always ends up at the ‘Classic’ which I can’t get past !

If I put the ‘old’ HDD back, the previous ‘Stripe’ config is recognised and everything proceeds as expected. (Thats how I’m typing now :wink: )

What have I missed :roll:

Edit 1:

Almost forgot, Windows says it’s closing down, but unless I’ve gone in using ‘Safe’ Mode it just hangs.Edit

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

External Sharing and Guest User Access in Microsoft 365 and Teams

This eBook will dive into policy considerations you need to make when creating and managing guest user access to your Teams network, as well as the different layers of guest access and the common challenges that accompany a more complicated Microsoft 365 infrastructure.

You will learn:

• Who should be allowed to be invited as a guest?
  • What type of guests should be able to access files in SharePoint and OneDrive?
  • How should guests be offboarded?
  • How should you determine who has access to sensitive information in your environment?

Sponsored by: