Windows Internal Database Service Account Changed

Home Forums Server Operating Systems SBS 2000 / 2003 / 2008 / 2011 Windows Internal Database Service Account Changed

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    ComputerEss

Gang,

I accidentally changed the service account credentials for the Windows Internal Database (microsoft##ssee) from “Network Service” to “Local system”. Now, I get SharePoint database login failure messages for the configuration database and unknown microsoft##ssee errors in the application event log (I can provide specifics if needed). I tried to change the service back to “Network Service” through the SQL 2005 Configuration Manager, but it won’t change back (I receive an error – 0x8007056c WMI Provider Error). I don’t even get an option to change it to “Network Service” through “services.msc”. I cannot change it to “local service” either otherwise I get the same error. How can I fix this? WSUS seems to still be working fine aside from its web service (event 12032), but my SBSMonitoring invalid TCP/IP configuration messages are back and SharePoint is broken. When I go to [URL]http://companyweb[/URL] now, I get an IIS7 page (the SharePoint config database cannot be loaded)! Please help! :sad:

Derek

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.