GET-IT: TEAMS DAY | 1-Day Free Virtual Conference all about Teams. Here on Petri.com - 8/12/20 GET-IT: TEAMS DAY - 8/12/20

Windows 2008R2 RDS farm – design and security configuration

Home Forums Virtualization Terminal Services Windows 2008R2 RDS farm – design and security configuration

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    DYasny

Hi all, I have a DC with 2 machines with R2std installed. One of them, called terminal.domain.com is running all the RDS roles except for the RD Session Host, and terminal01.domain.com has only the RD session host role installed. I am planning to add treminal02 etc later on, as required.

The questions are:
    1. Is this a correct way of managing this sort of setup – a single gateway and a bunch of session hosts, or am I missing something?
    2. when my test users log in, they get to see all the software installed on the treminal01 host. Where do I define what they can and can not see? Does this have to be a global GPO definition, or can I do that through some RDS specific setting?
    3. I have the farm defined as “Terminals”. Set up a DNS A record for both terminal and terminal01 IP addresses to point to “Terminals”. was that the right way to do that, or do I only point to terminal (the RD gateway/broker) or to terminal01..N set of hosts?

Thanks

upd: messed up the tags, mods, please make it comma separated, thnks

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.