issues with sending 50+ emails in BCC

Home Forums Server Operating Systems Windows Server 2008 / 2008 R2 issues with sending 50+ emails in BCC

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    carboncow

Hello,

If anyone knows a better place for me to post this since it’s so exchange specific, please let me know.

I have a department head that has been getting this to work for years, but now has an issue. He sends an email to about 50-100 of his staff in the BCC via a distribution list or by selecting all the unique emails.

Nobody is getting the mails external to our organization when he tries this but if we test it with a just a few emails…no problem. This issue occurs with web or outlook client. If a local address is in the list those people get it…so I’m rather confused.

The returned message that comes later in the day is:

Delivery has failed to these recipients or distribution lists:

[email protected] Microsoft Exchange has been trying to deliver this message without success and has stopped trying. Please try sending this message again, or provide the following diagnostic text to your system administrator.

Suggestions or ideas?
    Is there a default setting in Exchange for how many emails can be sent in one transaction?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.