Image – lost emails

Home Forums Client Operating Systems Windows 7 Image – lost emails

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Standard_IT

Hey All,

I am currently trying to get my boss’s laptop into working condition. He has a fairly new PC with an Intel i7 processor. This computer was extremely bogged down. After finding out that he only really wants his email and a clean computer, I had quick ideas to create a system image.

The Image backup ran successfully, and then revert to factory settings and set up the computer. I completed and was seemingly successful in everything i wanted to do.

The problem I am running into is that Mr Boss man is now telling me I lost all of his important emails. Saying that he had folders under his inbox that contained emails that were containing all his work in the last 2 years.

I pulled the pst files from his computer. I copied and am using them. I did everything i could think of to prevent this from happening.

Now my next move was to make an image of the new settings/computer and revert his computer to the old image, allowing me to properly export the folders and load the new image and load the folders. However, when i load the old image, the inbox folders are nowhere to be found, nor the emails he is looking for.

I dont understand where they could be. Am i wrong to think that the original image i took should revert me to exactly as i was before, inbox folders and all?

Please, any and all advice is appreciated! I am lost for words with the discomfort about this.

Thank you
    Standard

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.