DNS Cached Lookups Reappear After Clearing

Home Forums Microsoft Networking and Management Services DNS DNS Cached Lookups Reappear After Clearing

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    mig1980

Good day. I have been working through an issue for the past day or so. I have a URL (that points to a server in our organization’s environment) that needs to resolve with an external IP but resolves to an internal IP every time I run nslookup.

This IP points to a server on a different domain that I do not control nor do we have any ties to any longer. We use to have reverse and forward lookup zones pointing to that domain but no longer.

I have gone through the DNS Manager removing stale zones/entries in Forward Lookup and Reverse Lookup. I have added external DNS as forwarders. I have also tried to clear cached lookups but as soon as I clear cached lookups and refresh, I can see the IP entry appearing again with the internal IP under the “Data” column of the cached lookups with “static” in the timestamp.

Our DCs (and DNS servers) are Windows 2008 R2 (2 servers) and Windows 2012 R2 (1 server remote).

Any thoughts on what could be causing this?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.