VeeamON 2021: Free Online Conference - Register Now VeeamON 2021: Free Online Conference - Register Now

RRAS on 2008R2 can’t use DHCP

Home Forums Server Operating Systems Windows Server 2008 / 2008 R2 RRAS on 2008R2 can’t use DHCP

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Highl1

I’ll first maybe have to explain a bit more of my problem.
    1st VM, DC/DNS on 10.0.0.2, 2008R2, has access to Internet via 10.0.0.1 as default gateway
    2nd VM, RRAS have 2 adapters, one external and one internal on 10.0.0.3, 2008R2. If I disable external adapter for testing purposes, I can also reach Internet with internal NIC and 10.0.0.1 as default gateway

I first set up a DHCP on DC/DNS, and when I try to connect to RRAS’s external adapter, I’m getting error 720

I migrated then DHCP to RRAS server, same error

When I set up static pool on RRAS, I can connect, get IP from range I selected (.100-250) but can’t access Internet. Running ipconfig /all lists all the accurate data (IP from static pool range, 10.0.0.1 as default gateway and 10.0.0.2 as DNS)

When I turn off to use default gateway from remote network, I can access Internet with that VPN connection.

DHCP is not needed on the subnet, so I can use static pool, but I would like to use default gateway from remote newtork (10.0.0.1) and not the one from my Internet connection.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Free Online Conference - May 25th and 26th

VeeamON 2021: Free Online Conference

Join us to gain your professional edge with technical and visionary learning from the brightest minds in IT at the definitive conference for Modern Data Protection.

Register Now

Sponsored By