as i did not find anything on the net till now i wanted to ask if somebody saw such a behaviour here before.
About the environment a bit:
Domain-Controller is Windows 2008 R2 SP1
Member are Windows 2003, Windows 2003 R2, Windows 2008 and Windows 2008 R2. All with latest Service Packs applied
My problem show up as follows:
I have created some GPOs, some only to change User settings (e.g. Logon Script) and some to change computer settings (e.g. Shutdown Event Tracker or FEP 2010 configuration).
On all of the Windows 2008 and R2 except the DC itself the computer GPO does not get applied, but the GPOs are applied on all Windows 2003 and R2.
The problem from Event Log is what i can find everywhere on the net: Event ID 1058 with RC=5, but none describes the same behaviour like me.
I have already checked the steps i could find, like DFS installed, user rights assignment aso. I also can access the network path with every user and without any problems and can open gpt.ini file.
Strange too is that when i change the order of the computer policy the ID changes too and reports always that the last computer policy failed to read.
I have already talked with colleagues that knows much more about domains as me.
Maybe anyone here has some clues about it.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Create a free account today to participate in forum conversations, comment on posts and more.