[WSS3] Rights problem top nav bar.

Home Forums Other Misc [WSS3] Rights problem top nav bar.

• This topic has 5 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by AvatarAnonymous.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Fr0ns

Hello,

This problem is hard to expain but I’ll do my best.

I’m asked to build a Sharepoint with different sites and seperate rights for each site. I have made AD groups and gave these groups rights in Sharepoint.

So far so good, each group that has rights on a site sees that site in the top nav bar and the ones they can’t access aren’t shown. This is good since the top nav bar couldn’t fit a 1280×1024 monitor anymore with all the sites visible in it.

But when I give the users design rights on a site and they open that site the top nav bar suddenly displays all the sites on Sharepoint. They aren’t accesible so it isn’t a security risk but it looks sloppy. This can be explained because the design right gives you rights to alter the top nav bar for that site.

In short:
    The users usually have 3 to 5 items in the top nav bar, when they click a site they have design rights to, all 10+ items are displayed. When they go back to a site they only have read rights to it goes back to the initial 3-5.

What can I do about this?

Using:
    – Sharepoint Services 3
    – Windows XP/7 clients with IE8/9 in a Windows domain

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.