WDS (RIS) Driver Query

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    DaveHope

Hi there,

The company I work for is getting to the size where RIS is actually work using now (~70 people).

Went to use RIS for the first time today, everything is setup correctly in legacy mode (i.e. RIS).

On a box standard machine it works flawlessly, however on laptops with OEM drivers it doesn’t, informing me that no network drivers are avaliable despite the fact i’ve put them in my $oem$ folder. Here’s some info:

Template content (well, the useful bit):

Code:
    [Unattended]
    OemPreinstall = Yes
    FileSystem = LeaveAlone
    ExtendOEMPartition = 0
    TargetPath = WINDOWS
    OemSkipEula = yes
    InstallFilesPath = “\%SERVERNAME%RemInst%INSTALLPATH%%MACHINETYPE%”
    LegacyNIC = 1
    DriverSigningPolicy = Ignore
    OemPnpDriversPath = Drivers

I then have the following structure:
    D:RemoteInstallSetupEnglishImagesWINDOWSXP$oem$$1Drivers

0000-Chipset
    0001-Network
    0002-Display
    0005-Media
    0009-Modem

Inside which the drivers are stored. However that doesn’t work. If I put the drivers directly in the i386 folder, it doees which I persume negates the fact that i’m using incorrect drivers?

I thought OemPreInstall would make windows look in $oem$1Drivers and subdirectories for drivers prior to install?

Am I missing something here? or is there likely something more serious afoot? Event log does show:

Quote:
    An error occurred during the parsing of an INF file netclass.inf in the given section Manufacturer.

There is a Microsoft support article relating to that (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/823658) but the hotfixx isn’t applicable to Windows 2k3 SP2. Well, it’s not available for it anyway :|

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.