Virtual XP machines all of a sudden are unreachable on the network

Home Forums Client Operating Systems Windows 2000 Pro, XP Pro Virtual XP machines all of a sudden are unreachable on the network

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    inf3rn0flwr

Hello everyone!
    This may be posted somewhere and if you will refer me to a solution I will greatly appreciate it, but in the meanwhile here’s my problem

Out of nowhere it seems ( it never is out of nowhere but I haven’t figured out what happened to cause it yet) on one of the servers that has Hyper-V running few virtual machines – all of the virtual XP-machines became unreachable ( they are for remote access to offsite users)… in the same Hyper-V there are 3 servers Windows 2008 running fine and I am able to access either through RD… but the 10+ virtual XP machines are just not pinging (Reply from XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX: Destination host unreachable.) and it’s only those machines – everything else works fine…
    I have not restarted the Hyper-V as it’s a production server that holds it and it’s DIFFICULT to get that done… I did however checked everything that I thought of – DHCP on the domain controller, DNS, event logs…
    One thing I found that relates to one of the virtual machines is EventID 10009 Source DCOM (DCOM was unable to communicate with the computer MACHINE NAME using any of the configured protocols.)….
    I am lost I’ve checked suggested solutions on forums for that eventid and nothing is out of order…
    It seems like a certain range containing the virtual machines just dropped off … Please help… :confused:

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.