Trust Between Domains In Forest

Home Forums Microsoft Networking and Management Services Active Directory Trust Between Domains In Forest

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Robert R.

Environment:

new active directory forest

empty root domain: x.tld (functional level: Windows 2008 )
    domain: prod.x.tld (functional level: Windows 2008 )
    domain: office.x.tld (functional level: Windows 2003, because we’re going to import existing Windows 2003 domain controllers from our current Active Directory, ad.xsys.tld)

All domain controllers in the new forest are Windows 2008 R2.

User accounts reside in office.x.tld

A two-way transitive trust exists between prod.x.tld and office.x.tld

I can configure the domain controllers in prod.x.tld to accept office.x.tld credentials for Remote Desktop.

But when I try to configure members servers in prod.x.tld to accept office.x.tld credentials for Remote Desktop login, I get the following:

Name Not Found
    An object name “robertr” cannot be found. Check the selected object types and location for accuracy and ensure that you typed the object name correctly, or remove this object from the selection.

What else should I be looking at?

UPDATED TO ADD: From the console of memberserver.prod.x.tld, I can log in with my office.x.tld credentials. I just can’t add office.x.tld users to Remote Desktop Users on memberserver.prod.x.tld. This makes me suspect it’s more of a Remote Desktop/GPO issue than a Trust issue.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.