GET-IT: TEAMS DAY | 1-Day Free Virtual Conference all about Teams. Here on Petri.com - 8/12/20 GET-IT: TEAMS DAY - 8/12/20

System State Backup to disk

Home Forums Other Misc System State Backup to disk

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    pklages

I am running Backup Exec 11d SP4 in a Win2k3 SP2 environment. When trying to backup the System State of several servers to a de-duplication server on the network I get the following error in BE.
    Backup- \ServerNameSystem?State \ServerNameSystem?State
    [URL=”file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/pklages/Desktop/SpectrumIndustries.htm#0″]Storage device “SystemStateOnExtDrive” reported an error on a request to write data to media.[/URL]

[URL=”file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/pklages/Desktop/SpectrumIndustries.htm#1″]Error reported:[/URL]
    [URL=”file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/pklages/Desktop/SpectrumIndustries.htm#2″]The semaphore timeout period has expired.[/URL]
    [URL=”file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/pklages/Desktop/SpectrumIndustries.htm#3″]V-79-57344-34032 – The device timed out.[/URL]

Other information:
    1) The backup fails part way through, there will usually be about 3 gigs out of 8 that get backed up.
    2) I can run other backups to this device without any issue (from 1000 kb to 10’s of gigs).
    3) I can run the System State backups to another standard server on the network and it succeeds.
    4) I can backup the System State from the server running BE 11d to the de-duplication server and it works.
    5) I also have the same issue with my Exchange 03 mail store backup.
    6) I have completely disabled AV running an all servers.
    7) I have tried just one System State backup from another server and it fails.
    8) I have unchecked junction points.
    9) I have turned off locking.
    10) I am not using AOFO.
    11) I have ran LiveUpdate for BE.
    12) I have created a new Backup-2-Disk folder and new backup job.
    13) I have checked the event logs and on the BE server I get the 3 following error: 34113, 57600 and 33808. I have looked these up on EventID.net and didn’t find a solution that worked for my situation.
    14) No other events on the other servers.
    15) Recently had a power outage network wide.
    16) Recently upgraded from McAfee 8.5 to 8.7
    Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.