pklagesMemberJul 30, 2009 at 12:25 pm #143482
I am running Backup Exec 11d SP4 in a Win2k3 SP2 environment. When trying to backup the System State of several servers to a de-duplication server on the network I get the following error in BE.
Backup- \ServerNameSystem?State \ServerNameSystem?State
[URL=”file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/pklages/Desktop/SpectrumIndustries.htm#0″]Storage device “SystemStateOnExtDrive” reported an error on a request to write data to media.[/URL]
[URL=”file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/pklages/Desktop/SpectrumIndustries.htm#2″]The semaphore timeout period has expired.[/URL]
[URL=”file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/pklages/Desktop/SpectrumIndustries.htm#3″]V-79-57344-34032 – The device timed out.[/URL]
1) The backup fails part way through, there will usually be about 3 gigs out of 8 that get backed up.
2) I can run other backups to this device without any issue (from 1000 kb to 10’s of gigs).
3) I can run the System State backups to another standard server on the network and it succeeds.
4) I can backup the System State from the server running BE 11d to the de-duplication server and it works.
5) I also have the same issue with my Exchange 03 mail store backup.
6) I have completely disabled AV running an all servers.
7) I have tried just one System State backup from another server and it fails.
8) I have unchecked junction points.
9) I have turned off locking.
10) I am not using AOFO.
11) I have ran LiveUpdate for BE.
12) I have created a new Backup-2-Disk folder and new backup job.
13) I have checked the event logs and on the BE server I get the 3 following error: 34113, 57600 and 33808. I have looked these up on EventID.net and didn’t find a solution that worked for my situation.
14) No other events on the other servers.
15) Recently had a power outage network wide.
16) Recently upgraded from McAfee 8.5 to 8.7
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.