GET-IT: TEAMS DAY | 1-Day Free Virtual Conference all about Teams. Here on Petri.com - 8/12/20 GET-IT: TEAMS DAY - 8/12/20

Standalone Hyper V Server Setup

Home Forums Virtualization Microsoft Hyper-V Technology Standalone Hyper V Server Setup

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Ghostrocket

Hi all

We are placing a new Hyper V solution in for a customer. They don’t have a domain and have been using a workgroup up to now.

We have a new single Dell server with Hyper V installed (non domain) and running Windows Server 2012 Essentials as a guest (this is on a new domain and set as dc,dns and dhcp)

I have created the networking for the guest on a external switch to allow components outside of the host to chat with the host and guest. And the Dell has two NIC’s one for Host management and one for the guests/external switch.

My questions are this ….

Is an external switch the best method to use in this situation?

The DNS servers set up on each NIC via the host server configuration are as follows, primary is the IP address of the ISP’s router and secondary is the primary ISP’s DNS server. I hope this makes sense. I just wondered again is this the best setup ? And do the DNS settings sound reasonable for both NIC’s?

Feel free to shoot me down or comment.

Thanks

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.