SMTP 550 error after adding new domain

Home Forums Messaging Software Exchange 2000 / 2003 SMTP 550 error after adding new domain

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    mrca

Hi all, can you help me with this please?

I have added a new domain “@newdomain.com” in Exchange 2003 in the default recipient policy.

I have updated the MX records of “mail.newdomain.com” to the IP address of the Exchange server. Our current MX record is “mailgate.currentdomain.com” and has the same IP record.

I have set this new email as primary to a test user. I can send to other users on the network and recieve from external locations (I tested with gmail)

However, I can’t send mail to external addresses. I get the following error:

There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient’s email server. Please contact your system administrator.

It seems that it’s possible I need to add a specific SMPT record to the new domain, as you can see the error highlights the current MX in the error.

Can anyone tell me where I can do this if this is indeed the problem?

[EDIT] I have discovered that the SMTP connector is set to “mail.isp.com” which isn’t how we send mail. I’m wondering why it is set to to that and wether that could be adding to the problem

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.