GET-IT: TEAMS DAY | 1-Day Free Virtual Conference all about Teams. Here on Petri.com - 8/12/20 GET-IT: TEAMS DAY - 8/12/20

Set DNS when adding Windows SBS 2003 R2 in AD

Home Forums Server Operating Systems Windows Server 2000 / 2003 / 2003 R2 Set DNS when adding Windows SBS 2003 R2 in AD

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    amorrocchesi

I have installed a Windows SBS 2003 R2 SP1 Standard Edition as second domain controller, in Windows Active Directory with Windows SBS 2003 SP1 (not R2!) Standard Editon.
    After running dcpromo on Windows SBS 2003 R2 it appears this warning message: ” The Active Directory Installation Wizard cannot continue because the forest is not prepared for installing Windows Server 2003. …”
    The version of the Active Directory schema of the source forest is not compatible with the version of Active Directory on this computer.
    I have found the solution on http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb%3Ben-us%3B917385&x=3&y=10
    After AD database alignment beetwen two W2K3 servers I noted that second domain controller had acquired the same password of master schema, but I didin’t find DNS replica.
    Is it all right this DNS behavior?
    Many thank for your collaboration.
    Cordially
    Antonio Morrocchesi

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.