GET-IT: TEAMS DAY | 1-Day Free Virtual Conference all about Teams. Here on Petri.com - 8/12/20 GET-IT: TEAMS DAY - 8/12/20

Server Settings?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    mi32

I have 5 users all stand alone with internet acces. I want to set up a server and have a network where I can control the users and computers.

I bought windows server 2008 standard and win 7 pro on workstations..
    One question is to set up the server for the ip configuration in the network adapter I have my ip set to 192.168.249 where the router is 192.168.1.254….subnet is 255.255.255.0 and the gateway is 192.168.1.2 with the dns primary 192.168.1.249

I also put on the desktops in there settings in there network configs i check there primary dns 192.168.1.249 the ip of the server so the user can get to the internet…..now is this a good model to set it up this way?

Also what is the home directory under profile tab and how is it use to map drives?

As for the last answer about the home directory…The drive mapping was already established as this but I am confused about it…as follows:

Through GPO (group policy objects I guess?)

O: is the office share

V: is the dbev share used for the software my users use

Through AD

HOme directory under profile tabbed is U:

all of the above mapped drives reside on the data partition E:

I need help as to the best and easiest way to get this running smoothly I think I could do better. Please all advice is helpful….
    Please give me feed back….

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.