2021 Annual Petri Reader Survey - We want to know what's important to you! 2021 Annual Petri Reader Survey - We want to know what's important to you!

removing a failed exchange server from exchange organisation

Home Forums Messaging Software Exchange 2000 / 2003 removing a failed exchange server from exchange organisation

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
  • jem

Hi,

Quick question for 1 of you exchange gurus. we had a server which was on its way out, a 2k box with exchange 2000 on it. During the decomissiong process the server completely died, and there is no backup of the box at all. before the server completely gave up i had re run exchange setup, and tried to remove it. this failed with an error message( dont know what it was as during the next reboot it completely failed) I now still have the server showing in my exhcange organistaion. what i wanted to know is how best to remove that server? Can I just delete it, or should I be running something to clean it up first? I’ve had a look on google and ms but can only find things to try if the server is still functioning.

thanks in advance

Jem

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register for the Hybrid Identity Protection (HIP) Europe Conference!

Hybrid Identity Protection (HIP) Europe 2021 - Virtual Conference

Mobile workforces, cloud applications, and digitalization are changing every aspect of the modern enterprise. And with radical transformation come new business risks. Hybrid Identity Protection (HIP) is the premier educational forum for identity-centric practitioners. At the inaugural HIP Europe, join your local IAM experts and Microsoft MVPs to learn all the latest from the Hybrid Identity world.