prevent Home based PCs from roaming profile GPO

Home Forums Server Operating Systems Windows Server 2008 / 2008 R2 prevent Home based PCs from roaming profile GPO

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    pdania

Hi guys, I’ve got a toughie here for anyone that is willing to help, I appreciate your help in advance. Thanks you very much. Now here goes…

Our domain has predominantly Windows 7 desktop clients, We have windows Server 2008 DCs. For some users who are permanently based at home, they have Windows vista clients. The issue is roaming profiles, they work relatively well in the office Lan because of proximity to profile server blah blah blah, but for the users at home who are connecting via VPN, they also process the same GPO for roaming profiles and it applies to their windows Vista PC as well….the result? very slow logons! I would like that the Windows Vista PCs DO NOT PROCESS THIS PARTICULAR GPO, but how do I go about it???

I have searched and searched for a solution to this problem but found none.

Recently, I went on a course and learn about Group Policy Loopback processing, in itself, it sounds like the solution to my problem but it is so difficult to understand as a concept that I just give up in the end. So I’m throwing it out to anyone who can kindly unravel this mystery for me, I will be eternally grateful if …only if…

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.