Please give me an explanation of Terminal Per Device Licensing.

Home Forums Virtualization Terminal Services Please give me an explanation of Terminal Per Device Licensing.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    nguyennp

Hi all,

Please give me an explanation of Terminal Per Device Licensing.

I installed Terminal Server & Terminal Server License on the same computer.

I activated the Terminal Server License with 4 Per Device CAL.

After that, every time I log on Terminal Server, choose Terminal Server Licensing ( Admin tool), a message box showed that :

No Terminal Server license server is available in the current domain or workgroup. To connect to another license server, click Action, click Connect, and then type the
    server name.

I chose Connect and input the name of this server, after the connection, I could see it was activated.

—-> Why ???? Must I move this Terminal Server License Server to Terminal License Servers built-in group in the Domain ?

And there’re 3 branches :

+ Existing Windows 2000 Sever-Terminal Services CAL Token ( per device ) ( Type: Built-in, Total : Unlimited, Available : Unlimited, Issued : 0 ).

+ Temporary Licenses for Windows Server 2003-Terminal Sever Per Device CAL Token ( Type : Temporary, Total : -, Available :-, Issued : 15 ).

There’re 15 issued license with the expiration date.

+ Windows Sever 2003-Terminal Server Per Device CAL Token ( Type : Open, Total : 4, Available là 0, Issued : 4).

There’re 4 issued license with the expiration date. It’s strange because we bought 4 Per Device CAL.

Thanks in advance for any explanation.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.