Outlook client configuration

Home Forums Messaging Software Outlook Outlook client configuration

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    sailman72

Dear all,

Recently I am facing the following issue, and I really need your technical expertise.

I am supporting IT in a mid-size company and few months ago, I have created an email account for a corporate user, let’ say [email protected].

While configuring the email account of the user to his laptop – uses Outlook 2007 – and because I had some issues with the local ISP, possible port 25 blocking, I made the client configuration, as follows,

– As POP server, I used the POP server provided by the email provider, and used credentials of the email user, (the one to whom I have created an email account), e.g. pop.domain.com, username: [email protected], password: xxxxxxxxx

– As SMTP server, I couldn’t use the SMTP provided by the email provider, and instead of this, and after some tests, I used another valid SMTP – from another provider – where for SMTP authentication I have passed my credentials, since the email user didnt remember his credentials, e.g. smtp.domain2.com, username: [email protected], password: zzzzzzzz, (userx is a valid email user of domain2).

Now, the end user noticed this, and he claims that I have access to his email account, (incoming and outgoing)!!!!! :shock:

I am quite shocked from this non-basis and non-provable claim. His only “proof” is a screenshot of the SMTP authentication data on the outlook client.

Please tell me your technical opinions on this aspect.

I know that such claims do not have any basis, but I need to have some official proof.

So any suggestions are quite welcome.

Thanks

Sailman72

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.