Coming Soon: GET:IT Endpoint Management 1-Day Conference on September 28th at 9:30 AM ET Coming Soon: GET:IT Endpoint Management 1-Day Conference on September 28th at 9:30 AM ET

Outlook Calendar Free/Busy Presence Lync plugin

Home Forums Messaging Software Skype for Business Server Outlook Calendar Free/Busy Presence Lync plugin

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
  • hetfield

Hi,

I work for a global company and they have rolled out Office Lync as a cloud hosted application which I have no control over.

Unfortunately all Lync accounts created are not synchronised with our Active Directory accounts, so the usual feature of Lync’s presence being updated based on Outlook availability does not work.

I remember in a previous life being able to add keywords into a meeting such as [In a Meeting] in a calendar’s topic and it would update communicator’s status. I believe it was a plugin that handled that feature, but I could be wrong.

We use a mixture of Lync 2010/2013 with the Outlook 2010 client on Windows 7. Are there any similar plugins available that we can install locally that will change Lync’s status based on Outlook availability? e.g. if my Outlook calendar shows I am in a meeting, are there any plugins that will change Lync’s status to show me as ‘In a Meeting’?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Live Webinar: Active Directory Security: What Needs Immediate Priority!Live on Tuesday, October 12th at 1 PM ET

Attacks on Active Directory are at an all-time high. Companies that are not taking heed are being punished, both monetarily and with loss of production.

In this webinar, you will learn:

• How to prioritize vulnerability management
  • What attackers are leveraging to breach organizations
  • Where Active Directory security needs immediate attention
  • Overall strategy to secure your environment and keep it secured

Sponsored by: