New to exchange 2003

Home Forums Messaging Software Exchange 2000 / 2003 New to exchange 2003

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Ranjith

Help me experts .

HI all

We are presently using Imail server and we have decided to move for exchange 2003
    I am on the testing phase now

Recently i have installed the window 2003 sbs along with exchange server with service pack 2
    for the domain for example abc.com

My intention is to run about 4 more domains in the same exchange server. For that purpose
    i altered my receipient policy in the exchange and added the new domains. Then there occured
    new issue . I have some top officials who require same ids eg:- [email protected], [email protected]
    and so on in the other domains too. For that i had gone for the UPN suffixes in the active directory
    domains and trusts and have added them and i could send and receive mails from OWA.

Some of the requirments that i need are

1. I need to change the OWA login screen

2. When i configure accounts in outlook client i am not able to sent mails but can receive mails. When sending mails
    i receive the error ” The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server”. But when i change the relay option in SMTP virtual server to “all except the list below” i could send mails from the outlook client. But this is supposed to be wrong since the server woudl become open relay. How to solve this issue.

3.We have a number of OWN static public IPS. Hence we need to assign individual IPs to a every domain. How this is possible.

Since iam new to exchange i would welcome your sugestions and recommendation for installing and implementing exchange 2003 , disaster recovery and important issues related with exchange 2003.

Ranjith

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.