New domain on our Exchange

Home Forums Messaging Software Exchange 2007 / 2010 / 2013 New domain on our Exchange

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    CypherBit

I’ve been tasked to explore the inclusion of a new domain to our Exchange server. A company currently using Google (no AD, no infractructure) with only 10 users needs to be integrated. Their e-mail addresses (naturally different domain then ours) would need to stay the same as they are now.

We currently have a single domain (all on Windows 2008 R2) in our forest and are running Exchange 2010 SP1. There are 60 users.

Which exact steps would I need to take to do this. Register a new domain? Create new MX records (probably not needed)? What needs to be done in our AD (if anything) and on the Exchange side.

Later on, we’d probably add their PCs to the newly added domain, so I can manage them GPO… but this is part two. I’m just mentioning it in case this changes things.

EDIT: I should mention some of them currently have accounts in our domain, since they’re using an application (accessible from the internet) on one of our servers.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.