Coming Soon: GET:IT Endpoint Management 1-Day Conference on September 28th at 9:30 AM ET Coming Soon: GET:IT Endpoint Management 1-Day Conference on September 28th at 9:30 AM ET

Network connection Issues Error 59

Home Forums Networking General Networking Network connection Issues Error 59

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
  • Standard_IT

Hello Guardians,

I am reaching out today because I cannot find a solution to the network connection issues we are experiencing. I am the sole IT in a printing company. We have a mailing software that processes files and gets them ready to print. I am not 100% sure what the mailing dept does, but I am in charge of making sure their servers are connected and communicating.

The issue has been extremely inconsistent, to the point that I cannot recreate this issue on command. If we receive the error, we repeat the desired process, and it successfully runs. Also, the error occurs during different processes at different times.
    The issue has been happening since we upgraded to Windows 10, back in July 2016.

The error in MAIL_CLIENT_SOFTWARE is popping up with message “System Error. Code: 59. An unexpected network error occurred.”

When the error occurs in Microsoft Access or Excel, it come up with an error “Location is not available – \DATASERVERFILEPATH is unavailable. If the location is on this PC, make sure the device or drive is connected or the disc is inserted, and then try again. If the location is on a network, make sure you’re to the network or internet, and then try again. If the location still can’t be found, it might have been moved or deleted.”

From what I can tell, the issue is due to the DATASERVER (Server2012). Heres why..

MAIL_SERVER_SOFTWARE is located on MAILSERVER (Server2012-Virtual).
    MAIL_CLIENT_SOFTWARE, that connects to the MAIL_SERVER_SOFTWARE, is installed on MAILCLIENT (two windows 10 machines).
    So… MAILCLIENT starts MAIL_CLIENT_SOFTWARE and connects to MAIL_SERVER_SOFTWARE. The MAIL_SERVER_SOFTWARE connects to the DATASERVER for files to run.
    We receive the “ERROR 59” alert at random times during random processes on the MAILCLIENT Computer.
    When the error happens, the connection the DATASERVER is timed out, and the process must be restarted.

That being said, we have similar issues when performing other tasks on the DATASERVER.
    When using Microsoft ACCESS Files, or EXCEL files, we have had random drops of connection, causing all work to be redone.

If we get the connection drop, it loses connection and errors out for all programs connected to DATASERVER.

Any and all advice and opinions are welcome and appreciated!
    Thank you
    Standard_IT

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Live Webinar: Active Directory Security: What Needs Immediate Priority!Live on Tuesday, October 12th at 1 PM ET

Attacks on Active Directory are at an all-time high. Companies that are not taking heed are being punished, both monetarily and with loss of production.

In this webinar, you will learn:

• How to prioritize vulnerability management
  • What attackers are leveraging to breach organizations
  • Where Active Directory security needs immediate attention
  • Overall strategy to secure your environment and keep it secured

Sponsored by: