GET-IT: TEAMS DAY | 1-Day Free Virtual Conference all about Teams. Here on Petri.com - 8/12/20 GET-IT: TEAMS DAY - 8/12/20

Need add more space to an existing VM

Home Forums Virtualization VMware Virtualization Need add more space to an existing VM

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    kingbear2

Hey Jason and James,

I’m running WinXP Pro in VMWare Workstation 6. It’s currently 2GB and I’m slowly running out of space. I just want to make sure I’m correct in saying the following:

1. I would need to delete all previous snapshots of the machine (I don’t know what it means to commit a snapshot).

2. I would need to run the command “vmware-vdiskmanager -x 5GB whatever.vmdk”, but from where do I run this command? A command prompt in the Program FilesVMWare directory?

3. I would not be able to expand the c: drive (which is the only one I have now) since it’s the boot drive, so I would have to create a new partition?

Is all the above correct? I remember reading once before that it’s much more complicated than simply runnning a command line. I remember something about ghosting the machine and then creating a new bigger one and throwing the image on there.

Please advise. Thanks

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.