Moving Ex2k3 SP2 from one server to another

Home Forums Messaging Software Exchange 2000 / 2003 Moving Ex2k3 SP2 from one server to another

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    wajeeh_r

Dear Experts,

I have two servers ONLY. Both servers have Win 2k3 R2 SP2 installed. One Server is Domain Controller and I also installed Ex 2k3 SP2 on it. The other server is having ISA 2006 Std installed on it.

I need to ask if this setup is OK as I have only two servers OR it would be better that I shift my current ex 2k3 to the server on which ISA is installed? If you suggest that it is better to move then Please I need the steps how to begin, in which mode I need to install Ex 2k3 on ISA Server then moving mail boxes and finally I need to remove exchange from the domain controller server.
    There are 15 users and all of them have email boxes configured with exchange but setup is new so I need your suggestions so that from now if it is required to move exchange I do now when there are limited emails and size of mail boxes is small.

Additional information: Presently exchange is only working for local emails but soon there is a plan to use it for both incoming outgoing emails from outside world.

Awaiting your reply.

Regards,
    Wajeeh

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.