GET-IT: TEAMS DAY | 1-Day Free Virtual Conference all about Teams. Here on Petri.com - 8/12/20 GET-IT: TEAMS DAY - 8/12/20

Migrate mail stores and install 2nd Exchange Server

Home Forums Messaging Software Exchange 2000 / 2003 Migrate mail stores and install 2nd Exchange Server

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    reset

Our company purchased another company a few years ago. We have been running both seperately, but now have decided to merge into a single domain structure. The two sites are connected via VPN tunnel with ISA 2004. All servers are 2003. I’ve already successfully used ADMT to migrate the file servers and all user accounts and SIDS into the main domain. The main site is running Exchange 2003 SP2 in the main domain. Currently the remote site has a DC that is a member of the main domain also.

I need to get rid of the old domain controller running Exchange 2003 SP2 at the remote site. But of course I need to get the mailboxes and emails off first. I tried exmerge and that failed because of the size of the mailboxes. I can run individual PST backups and restores, but was hoping there might be an easier way.

The second issue is, the remote site has it’s own unique email domain. When I install exchange into our main exchange orginization, how do I configure it so it is only users of the remote site get the unique email domain.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.