Register for Semperis' Hybrid Identity Protection (HIP) Conference - June 30 - July 1 Register for Semperis' Hybrid Identity Protection (HIP) Conference - June 30 - July 1

Middleware, Windows NT and Visual Basic

Home Forums Other Misc Middleware, Windows NT and Visual Basic

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
  • quietstorm

I need to describe a system that I no longer remember very well and I could use some help inserting some plausible names where my memory and knowledge fail. This is like a design problem. If my verb tense is confusing let me say this is a solution that was done but the details are gone so I am creating a plausible scenario as if we were designing it today.
    Its 1997 or so. A Windows NT 4 box has a vision system written in C that evaluates widgets going by on a conveyor. (I’ll call this NT box the Vision system). The vision system’s C program has APIs that are accessible from Visual Basic. A programmer will write a Visual Basic program to read about a half dozen floats from the C program’s API and then make these available to DDE clients (other NT 4 boxes). In other words this Visual Basic program will be a DDE server and its data originates from the C program.
    My question is can you describe in moderate detail any plausible scenario in which values stored in a C program (which is designed with the proper APIs) would be accessed by a Visual Basic Program back in 1997? I need to know the names of the middleware and messaging components that could have been used (just chose the most plausible ones).

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register for the Hybrid Identity Protection (HIP) Europe Conference!

Hybrid Identity Protection (HIP) Europe 2021 - Virtual Conference

Mobile workforces, cloud applications, and digitalization are changing every aspect of the modern enterprise. And with radical transformation come new business risks. Hybrid Identity Protection (HIP) is the premier educational forum for identity-centric practitioners. At the inaugural HIP Europe, join your local IAM experts and Microsoft MVPs to learn all the latest from the Hybrid Identity world.