GET-IT: TEAMS DAY | 1-Day Free Virtual Conference all about Teams. Here on Petri.com - 8/12/20 GET-IT: TEAMS DAY - 8/12/20

Manage a computer in Active Directory

Home Forums Server Operating Systems Windows Server 2000 / 2003 / 2003 R2 Manage a computer in Active Directory

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    shades

Hi,

I have a user who keep disabling a service (I think) or does regedit mods on his PC to disable the ability to allow his PC to be managed through AD.

I thought at first his PC lost sync with the DC (or GC) so last night I removed the PC from the domain, renamed it and reset the account in AD, then deleted it from the AD.

I then proceeded to re-add it to the domain. It was fine until now. I don’t know if it’s the user or there might be other issues with the Global Catalog.

I’ve had this problem before and the above proceedure never fails and works everytime, except with this PC/User.

It can’t be a windows firewall because it is all pushed by GPO. I made sure the computer is in the right OU and pushed the GPUPDATE remotely using Specops.

Could it be the Workstation Service is disabled manually? This would have other effects though (File shares , Printing) . No?

Info: Traget Workstation is XP Pro SP3 and I have 2 DC on the network.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.