Mailbox versus Account’s

Home Forums Messaging Software Exchange 2000 / 2003 Mailbox versus Account’s

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    simonsays

Exchange is something I am starting to learn (we always had someone else up until now to look after it), so have decided to run it in VMWare for now.

Looking at the properties of an account within ADUC, there is the option of adding additional e-mail addresses. As a test, I added other names @thedomain name.
    It works like an alias, which is fine – someone can have more than one e-mail address and replies by the default one which is in bold on the properties tab.

What if someone needs more than one e-mail address and needs to be able to reply from that address also? With Outlook closed I am told it only supports one Exchange mail box. As a work around I created two Outlook Profiles; each for the seperate e-mail accounts. It works as intended, but the user is prompted for a password each time they open the secondary account. I know this happening because the have logged on to the domain with the AD account that also has the original mail box associated with it.

I know I must be going about this the wrong way – can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.