GET-IT: TEAMS DAY | 1-Day Free Virtual Conference all about Teams. Here on Petri.com - 8/12/20 GET-IT: TEAMS DAY - 8/12/20

Locked Windows 7 Computer

Home Forums Client Operating Systems Windows 7 Locked Windows 7 Computer

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    NOM115

With the unavailability of Windows XP, we have been getting our new desktop computers with Windows 7 Professional in them. The problem I am now having is when a Windows 7 computer gets locked (and can only be unlocked by the user), I do not have the option to unlock the computer as an administrator and now has to be hard booted to unlock it. Does anyone know how to accomplish this task. We do have real strict security policies in which the computer automatically gets locked after 20 minutes of inactivity. I also had to hide the switch user feature because so many people would get logged into the computer at the same time that it would crash it. We are on a Windows Server 2003 domain and I have looked at Enabling the “Always Use Classic Logon”, Disabling the “Do Not Require CTRL + ALT + DEL” and creating a new ADM file for “Hide Entry Points for Fast User Switching” and Enabling that in GPO on the server. However, I am not able to find anything on how to allow Administrators to Unlock a Locked Computer. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.