increase a virual disk by adding a new physical drive ?

Home Forums Virtualization VMware Virtualization increase a virual disk by adding a new physical drive ?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
  • crabbit74

Hello Folks,

Pleas dont shoot me down for asking this as I fear it may have already been answered somewhere and my searching is poor and as yet not turned up the answer.

I am fairly new to VMware, previous employment was mostly MS Hyper-V and still is to an extent.

Hower to the point in question I have a single host (VMware ESXi 5.0.0) with one single VMware guest 2008R2 server on it and the C: drive is rapidly running out of space. The existing hard disk aligned to virtual hard drive has 10Gb free to extend the virtual disk with.

Therefore my thoughts are I could add another one or two new physical disks and add them to the datastore that is aligned with the virtual C:drive of the guest server, would I then be able to extend the exisitng C: virtual hard drive, with the new disk capacity from the two new physical drives added?

Hope this makses sense, and hoing this is correct, and I get out of jail!!

Many Thanks,

Graeme

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Don't leave your business open to attack! Come learn how to protect your AD in this FREE masterclass!REGISTER NOW - Thursday, December 2, 2021 @ 1 pm ET

Active Directory (AD) is leveraged by over 90% of enterprises worldwide as the authentication and authorization hub of their IT infrastructure—but its inherent complexity leaves it prone to misconfigurations that can allow attackers to slip into your network and wreak havoc. 

Join this session with Microsoft MVP and MCT Sander Berkouwer, who will explore:

• Whether you should upgrade your domain controllers to Windows Server
    2019 and beyond
  • Achieving mission impossible: updating DCs within 48 hours
  • How to disable legacy protocols and outdated compatibility options in
    Active Directory

Sponsored by: