IE uses correct credintials, firefox uses admin credintials Windows 2012

Home Forums Virtualization Terminal Services IE uses correct credintials, firefox uses admin credintials Windows 2012

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Hello all, this is my first post here and I do hope someone might be able to shed a little light onto the subject. Allow me to give a little background to better understand the situation.

First off, I started working with this company in Nov. of last year. They had a pre-exsisting network and server setup with Remote Desktop and RDWeb with Windows 2008 R2 as a “Backup” of their “cloud” services. I have been out of work for nearly 2 years and have been out of touch with the windows industry since vista. (Still hardcore XP man, lol.)

I had been hired on as IT assistance due to their IT tech being released recently and found a googleplex of a network with a lot of misconfigurations. Most I was fortunate to iron out, afterwards we had decided to update the cloud backup to Windows Server 2012.

Everything is basically mirrored from the original machine, and I had upgraded the backup to 2012 after splitting the RD role away from the AD role on the physical server with a virtual 2012 server.

My question is, is there something that I could have mis-configured that would cause Internet Explorer to allow RDWeb users to use their own credentials when logging in using a RemoteApp, but on Chrome and Firefox the credentials are changed to mine?

Has anyone else run into this problem with a basic out-of-the-box config of RDWeb with other web browsers using different login credentials?

Thanks in advance for anyone’s help or guidance. It is very much appreciated!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

External Sharing and Guest User Access in Microsoft 365 and Teams

This eBook will dive into policy considerations you need to make when creating and managing guest user access to your Teams network, as well as the different layers of guest access and the common challenges that accompany a more complicated Microsoft 365 infrastructure.

You will learn:

• Who should be allowed to be invited as a guest?
  • What type of guests should be able to access files in SharePoint and OneDrive?
  • How should guests be offboarded?
  • How should you determine who has access to sensitive information in your environment?

Sponsored by:

Office 365 Coexistence for Mergers & Acquisitions: Don’t Panic! Make it SimpleLive Webinar on Tuesday, November 16, 2021 @ 1 pm ET

In this session, Microsoft MVPs Steve Goodman and Mike Weaver, and tenant migration expert Rich Dean, will cover the four most common steps toward Office 365 coexistence and explain the simplest route to project success.

• Directory Sync/GAL Sync – How to prepare for access and awareness
  • Calendar Sharing – How to retrieve a user’s shared calendar, or a room’s free time
  • Email Routing – How to guarantee email is routed to the active mailbox before and after migration
  • Domain Sharing – How to accommodate both original and new SMTP domains at every stage

Aimed at IT Admins, Infrastructure Engineers and Project Managers, this session outlines both technical and project management considerations – giving you a great head start when faced with a tenant migration.the different layers of guest access and the common challenges that accompany a more complicated Microsoft 365 infrastructure.

Sponsored by: