Help me recover administrator account

Home Forums Security Forgot Administrator Password Help me recover administrator account

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
  • sweakman

Hello! I have windows XP that had 2 user accounts, both as administrators. Jeff was the original administrator. I was added later. My account was password protected and kept requiring a password change. I would go to user accounts through either my account or Jeff’s and change my account to eliminate the need for a password. Everything would be fine for a few weeks, then I would be prompted to change the password again, even though I had thought it was no longer password protected. I deleted Jeff’s account (BIG mistake). Now when I try to access XP, my account says I need to change the password. When I try to change it (not being sure I have the correct password), I get a message saying I am not authorized to change it. Apparently Jeff was the only one who could do so. Jeff says he never even set me up w/ a password! I am totally locked out, now and would appreciate advice on how to reinstate Jeff’s account even though I can’t get into the computer at all. I don’t have the a setup disc or anything for XP – I think Jeff may have downloaded everything into it. He’s in sunny Florida – retired, while I’m working without our company computer!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

External Sharing and Guest User Access in Microsoft 365 and Teams

This eBook will dive into policy considerations you need to make when creating and managing guest user access to your Teams network, as well as the different layers of guest access and the common challenges that accompany a more complicated Microsoft 365 infrastructure.

You will learn:

• Who should be allowed to be invited as a guest?
  • What type of guests should be able to access files in SharePoint and OneDrive?
  • How should guests be offboarded?
  • How should you determine who has access to sensitive information in your environment?

Sponsored by: