GPO’s and profiles

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    dspahn

We have a Xenapp 5 environment running on Server 2008 Std., and the server is running out of space. The drive capacity is 40GB (Yes, you read that right) and 10GB in 57000 files is used for user profiles on that drive. There is the added disadvantage that sometimes if a user is downloading a file, it will fill the disk before the file finishes downloading and is moved into the Downloads folder (Redirected elsewhere on the network). Is it possible to move user profiles completely off the system drive? In the past, I’ve used test scenarios to try mounting a network disk into a physical path (i.e. Users), but the user data is generally needed before the mapping takes place and causes all sorts of issues. Until we can upgrade, can anyone recommend a way to relocate the data without breaking Citrix? I’ve moved everything else possible (even Swapfiles) off the drive, and there is no hiberfile.sys either- The disk space is used for the OS, installed programs (Not the data, just the program files), and Windows Updates (Just for this server- no WSUS infrastructure).

Let me know. Thanks for your help.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.