First Exchange 2013 install in Child domain

Home Forums Messaging Software Exchange 2007 / 2010 / 2013 First Exchange 2013 install in Child domain

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Hi

I have a question about preparing AD for exchange 2013. I have a new Domain controller running at the root of my domain

I have created a new child domain (domain controller) and also added a seperate Member server for exchange 2013. All Servers are running 2012 Standard Edition. Currently there is no exchange anywhere in the forest.

My question is this. In order to introduce my first exchange server installation (on the member server in the child domain) where should I be running the ADPrep commands.

Should I run Setup /IAcceptExchangeServerLicenseTerms /PrepareSchema at the forest root level domain controller first or do I run this in my Child Domain DC

ALso am I correct in saying that I should run Setup /IAcceptExchangeServerLicenseTerms /PrepareAD /OrganizationName:yourOrganizationalname on all my domain controllers in this scenario

I am happy with all the required prerequisites it is just the schema preparation and where it should be run that I am struggling with.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.