GET-IT: TEAMS DAY | 1-Day Free Virtual Conference all about Teams. Here on Petri.com - 8/12/20 GET-IT: TEAMS DAY - 8/12/20

Exchange 2010 Keep Deleted Items settings doesn’t remove expired emails

Home Forums Messaging Software Exchange 2007 / 2010 / 2013 Exchange 2010 Keep Deleted Items settings doesn’t remove expired emails

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    mirage137

I have a customer with a Server 2008 R2 DC running Exchange 2010 version 14.03.0123.003. In addition to backups I have also set the Mailbox Server to Keep Deleted Items for 45 days. The location of the mail database is also on the same hard disk where the “deleted items” logs are located. Even with the Keep Deleted Items set for 45 days, there is enough space to hold items deleted that long but not much space. Basically deleted emails that have expired and are pass the 45 day mark are still present and not removed, I have to do this manually. If this isn’t done, the disk gets full and exchange shuts down due to back pressure.

After I configured the Keep Deleted Items setting, I made sure to restart the transport service among others and eventually restarting the server itself to no avail, I still have to manually detete the log files created when an email item is deleted.

Not sure how I can get this setting to take and automatically remove any deleted items pass the 45 days. I figure I must be missing a simple setting (hopefully).

Any ideas?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.