Exchange 2010 autodiscover security alert

Home Forums Messaging Software Exchange 2007 / 2010 / 2013 Exchange 2010 autodiscover security alert

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    r042wal

I have an SBS 2011 server with Exchange 2010. Several remote users connect using RPC over HTTPS in Outlook 2003. When I installed the server, I purchased a single-domain SSL certificate from GoDaddy so the remote users would not have to install the self-signed certificate.

Now I am replacing one of the remote computers and have gone from Outlook 2007 to Outlook 2013. I get a security alert for autodiscover.mydomain.com that the name on the security certificate is invalid.

I went into the DNS panel where the domain is hosted and tried creating an CNAME record ‘autodiscover’ that resolved to mail.mydomain.com but this did not fix the problem. Next I created an SRV record _autodiscover _tcp that pointed to mail.mydomain.com but I am still getting the security alert.

Is there an easy fix for this or do I have to purchase a SANS certificate? Because there are not a lot of remote users involved, would it be less expensive to uninstall the GoDaddy SSL and just install and use the self-signed certificate on the remote computers?

Our OWA address is h t t p s ://mail.mydomain.com

Thanks

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.