Esxi from USB, should I change ?

Home Forums Virtualization VMware Virtualization Esxi from USB, should I change ?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
  • marcm

Hello
    I just discovered that my Esxi machine runs on the USB key I put for installation.
    I removed the USBkey and found out that I have a “working” esxi on the HDD too. But without all my settings: no VM known for ex. !

my first question is:
    as I have 2 esxi, one on USB OK, one on HDD not OK, should I try to move my settings to have a working esxi on the hdd. (it’s a SSD actually).

then, if it’s better/recommended on the SSD, how do I copy my working setup from the USB key to the HDD esxi.

any advice appreciated.
    Marc

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

13 Email Threat Types to Know About Right Now

As email threats evolve and multiply, keeping track of them all—and staying protected against the many different types—becomes a complex challenge. Today, that requires more than just the traditional email gateway solution that used to be good enough.

In this eBook you will learn:

• What are the most common and challenging email attacks for organizations?
  • How to defend against sophisticated email threats, such as spoofing, social engineering, and fraud
  • How to protect employees at the inbox level with the right technologies and security-awareness training
  • How to use a multilayered protection strategy to reduce susceptibility to email attacks and better defend your business and employees

Sponsored by: