Duplicating whole AD structure to another server with Export/Import utility

Home Forums Microsoft Networking and Management Services Active Directory Duplicating whole AD structure to another server with Export/Import utility

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    lukeandmax

Hello Everyone

I need to export the whole infrastructure of a single domain (60.000 users, 90.000 Groups, 45.000 Computers and some hundreds of OUs) so I can reimport to a virtual machine and create a Test Environment.
    At the moment I have no possiblity to create another DC and detach it from network (just because I don’t have admin rights in domain), so I was thinking the best way is use some utils like ldifde. Made some tries with syntax but cannot find a way to make a clean import of exported data

What do I need exactely? Few things:

1) The whole OU structure to be recreated
    2) The full list of users, groups and computer accounts (also membership would be great but not mandatory)
    3) Don’t need GPO (even though it would be great to have them)

Notes:
    1) I don’t need passwords, so random ones or blank is ok
    2) Source forest has Exchange 2003 and destination forest doesn’t! I think this could be a problem; in case needed I can install exchange on destination forest
    3) I actually need all users informational attributes (general, address, telephones and organization)

Any suggestions?
    Thanks ! :-)

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.