vsvjMemberJun 29, 2007 at 1:04 am #126370
I’m new to this forum.. I work as a System admin.. I’m getting toomany error in my dns event viewr… I’ve pasted the error below.. pls give me a solution.. And also i’ve one more doubt.. My fully qualified domain name is “server.domain” ; is there any problem in this.. actually the person who was here before me installed and configured this machine… he didnt put .. “server.domain.com” or some thing like that.. he put only “server.domain” is there any problem in this? pls provide a solution ..and when i open Nslookup.. i gets a message saying that cannot find servername.. but the ip is shwn correctly.. pls help me///..
DNS server has updated its own host (A) records. In order to ensure that its DS-integrated peer DNS servers are able to replicate with this server, an attempt was made to update them with the new records through dynamic update. An error was encountered during this update, the record data is the error code.
If this DNS server does not have any DS-integrated peers, then this error
should be ignored.
If this DNS server’s Active Directory replication partners do not have the correct IP address(es) for this server, they will be unable to replicate with it.
To ensure proper replication:
1) Find this server’s Active Directory replication partners that run the DNS server.
2) Open DnsManager and connect in turn to each of the replication partners.
3) On each server, check the host (A record) registration for THIS server.
4) Delete any A records that do NOT correspond to IP addresses of this server.
5) If there are no A records for this server, add at least one A record corresponding to an address on this server, that the replication partner can contact. (In other words, if there multiple IP addresses for this DNS server, add at least one that is on the same network as the Active Directory DNS server you are updating.)
6) Note, that is not necessary to update EVERY replication partner. It is only necessary that the records are fixed up on enough replication partners so that every server that replicates with this server will receive (through replication) the new data.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.