Cisco Site-to-Site VPNs with Windows Server VPNs on Same Network

Home Forums Networking Cisco Routers & Switches How-to Cisco Site-to-Site VPNs with Windows Server VPNs on Same Network

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    jingo_man

Can an office with a Cisco router configured as a VPN server (Site-to-Site and Easy VPN Servers) also run a Windows Server 2008 R2 VPN Server at the same time?

The only concern I can see is if they use the same ports. If not using the same ports I would need to do some port forwarding onto the Windows Server VPN Server to direct that traffic, and that is it.

Basically, the office in question has a small 881(W) router, limited to 10 concurrent connections. So I want to split the inter-office connectivity as Cisco Site-to-Site VPNs (to connect up 2 other offices, with same kit installed, but no servers) and the user based VPN access for remote laptop workers via Windows Server VPN Server.

I have a very simple configuration in place, just to get the routers talking and their private networks (192.168.x.0/24 at each side) to be routable. This was all done via Cisco Configuration Professional (CCP) and really is about the only way I can control these devices – not very proficient at the command line yet…

Also, through CCP, can I view the current open ports? Namely the ones in use for the existing VPN Servers.

More details can be provided if it is needed and asked for to get the answer.

Thanks

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.