I’m in need of advice on how to change the domain name for my company. We currently have the following infrastructure:
1. SBC 2003 SP2 server with domain name SBC
2. 8 users in office that logon using SBC domain.
3. Currently purchased a new server with 2008 r2 – not in production yet
After reading a few posts, people suggest that setting up a new server with a new domain name (MAS) is cleaner that changing the domain name on the existing SBC 2003 (SBC). So here are my questions with this scenario:
1. Can i run 2 different primary domains on the same network or add the new domain as a child in the forest (then somehow make it the primary and remove the old domain)?
2. If i run 2 primary domains, is there a way to copy the AD users/groups structure from a different domain?
3. On client PCs do i have to recreate their profile using the new domain?