GET-IT: TEAMS DAY | 1-Day Free Virtual Conference all about Teams. Here on Petri.com - 8/12/20 GET-IT: TEAMS DAY - 8/12/20

Caching user profile without logging in.

Home Forums Microsoft Networking and Management Services Active Directory Caching user profile without logging in.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Frosty5F11

First a little background on what I am trying to accomplish:
    I am a “computer tech” who has dived into the realm of network admin because I can’t fulfill the needs otherwise. I am solely over 160+ clients and 700 computers that have been poorly managed previous to me.
    Everyone has Admin rights and all sorts of junk is installed causing endless problems for themselves and me!

I built and configured a WDS server and have created images for most of the computers. Some XP, some 7.
    Each computer typically has only one user, however they have several ancient profiles because the computer was passed around.

I’m saying all this cause I can prestage the computer account and automate OS/join Domain but I would have to pick the right users data to backup.

Normally I would have someone log in once on a new installation in order to copy their files over, but the staff will be gone for the rest of the summer.
    I have domain admins rights, so I can do just about anything I need to.

Is there a way that I can download a profile to a computer without logging in with the account?

Thanks.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.