- This topic has 7 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 9 years, 9 months ago by Anonymous.
jwc1972MemberApr 18, 2011 at 3:59 am #154269
We are runnign windows server 2003 SP2, I created a New Server on the domain then ran DCpromo to promte to a backup controller, Which all worked. On saturday morning out DC Died I thought the backup controller would kick in? I could not logon to the domain looking at the logs on the backup controller I got this.
vent Type: Warning
Event Source: NETLOGON
Event Category: None
Event ID: 5781
Description:namic registration or deletion of one or more DNS records associated with DNS domain ‘Domain.local.’ failed.
These records are used by other computers to locate this server as a domain controller
(if the specified domain is an Active Directory domain) or as an LDAP server (if the specified domain is an application partition).
Possible causes of failure include:
– TCP/IP properties of the network connections of this computer contain wrong IP address(es)
of the preferred and alternate DNS servers
– Specified preferred and alternate DNS servers are not running
– DNS server(s) primary for the records to be registered is not running
– Preferred or alternate DNS servers are configured with wrong root hints
– Parent DNS zone contains incorrect delegation to the child zone authoritative
for the DNS records that failed registration
Fix possible misconfiguration(s) specified above and initiate registration or
deletion of the DNS records by running ‘nltest.exe /dsregdns’ from the command
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.