Applying registry edits to users logging on

Home Forums Microsoft Networking and Management Services GPO Applying registry edits to users logging on

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    kingbear2

I’ve been working on this for about 4 hours and I finally gave up.

I created a registry file with a long list of restrictions to be applied to a Windows 7 Pro computer. I have about 15 of these computers and they are not connected to a domain. The registry entried pretty much lockdown the computer so that they can’t right click or see the drives or modify settings etc. The script works fine and I am happy with the results, but the problem is I don’t know how to get this script to run. Of course if I put the reg file in the all users startup, it would not run because the user doesn’t have the rights to modify the registry. I tried the runas command with sanur but it doesn’t seem to work in Win7. I tried a Task Scheduler to run the script as a different user (admin) on each users logon but when I run it manually it doesn’t seem to work. I tried adding it to the Computer logon scripts but it doesn’t work. But when I run the batch file itself it works just fine, aside from the fact that if I run it under the standard user the registry edits won’t happen because the permissions are not there.

Anyone have any ides? I need this script to run automatically as I cannot sit there logging in as each user and running the script, and I want the option to modify the .reg file every now and then and then the next time the user logs on it pushes the newest changes.

Thanks

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.