windowssystem32configsystem

Home Forums Client Operating Systems Windows 2000 Pro, XP Pro windowssystem32configsystem

• This topic has 13 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by AvatarAnonymous.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    k.jacko

Win XP Pro SP3
    a) error on startup:
    Windows XP could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt: WINDOWSSYSTEM32CONFIGSYSTEM

I’ve had this quite a few times in the past and have tried the usual MS fix here.

However, it still gives the error above.
    I rebooted into recovery console and did a chkdsk /r which is what i usually do to fix this issue.
    But it didn’t work, still with the error above.
    When i check the directory: c:windowssystem32config…. the file is there, so i copy a new (system.bak) over from c:windowsrepair….. it copies the file over fine so i reboot, but still the same error.

b) If i have to reformat then so be it, i can copy all the docs&settings off the hdd (put the hdd into a sata caddy and mounted it onto my pc.
    However, it fails on loads of files due to permissions, even though i took ownership of the whole disk whilst it was mounted on my win7 x64 pc.

Can someone tell me if i can extract his outlook2003 mail account via explorer please? He’s desparate to keep his contacts etc.

Thanks for any help offered to both parts of this problem.:-?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘windowssystem32configsystem’ is closed to new replies.