What to use at home to setup VM desktop sharing solution

Home Forums Virtualization VMware Virtualization What to use at home to setup VM desktop sharing solution

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Poore

I currently looking into VMWare to help control my kids PC’s at home. I use VMWare workstation and VMWare Lab Manager at work but I do not have any experience in the backend. I’m not sure what I will need to get this to work at home. I’m not stuck on VMWare and willing to look at other products.

Here is what I have/want.
    I would like the kid’s PC’s to only run VM’s so if they mess something up I can revert. They should be able to turn on the PC, the VM loads, and they are ready. Ages 8, 8, and 3 so I’m trying to keep it simple for them.
    I want to host the VM’s from my machine running Windows 7 x64 pro. I currently use VMware Workstation 8 on it also.

Hardware wise I have:
    ASUS M4A89TD PRO/USB3
    AMD Phenom II X4 970 @ 4.3
    SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 6870 1Gb
    Crucial Ballistix Tracer 8GB DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600
    And about 5Tb of storage on various drives.

Can someone point my in the direction of what software will be required? I can do the research on how to get it setup and working. There are just so many choices it gets confusing reading them all.

If you need more info please say so. I tried to be through on what information may be needed.

Thanks,

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.